Teeth bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure in which a composite resin matching the colour of teeth is applied to one or more teeth for cosmetic improvement. It is a common procedure used by many individuals who have chipped, broken, damaged or stained teeth, as well as those who wish to close gaps between teeth.
It can also be used to:
- Change the shape and colour of teeth
- To cover up roots which have been exposed due to falling gum lines, or
- To fill up small cavities.
What are the Steps?
- The first step involves identifying whether it is the appropriate process. For example, for gaps it is a common procedure, although sometimes veneers are recommended by dentists. On the other hand, when it comes to teeth bonding vs veneers, the former is the less expensive option. Teeth bonding can usually be carried out in one visit to the dentist and does not require anesthesia unless a cavity needs to be filled.
- Next, the colour of the composite resin is selected so that it matches the rest of the teeth. This step is especially important when dealing with gaps.
- Then, a gentle phosphoric acid is applied to the surface of the teeth, and a liquid is applied that enables the resin to stick to the tooth. The resin is then applied to the teeth, and molded into shape. In case of teeth bonding for gaps, the teeth are extended to cover the spaces in between.
- Finally, the resin is hardened with an ultraviolet ray and polished for a smooth finish.
What are the Advantages?
- Is more budget-friendly than similar cosmetic procedures. Teeth bonding costs generally vary depending upon the extent of the procedure, the number of teeth that need to be bonded, and the expertise of the dentist. Contact Dr. Manjula Duhanyour your Meadowlands dental dentist.
- Is not a very time-consuming process and generally takes from 30-60 minutes, including cases of teeth bonding for gaps.
- Requires minimal removal of the enamel when compared to other procedures. For example, when it comes to teeth bonding vs veneers, most people prefer bonding because it is minimally invasive, which makes it extremely popular among those who wish to alter the appearance of their teeth without resorting to complicated procedures.
Teeth bonding is an affordable process that can enhance one’s appearance. However, it does requires serious aftercare if one is to maintain their improved looks. It is extremely important to clean the bonded teeth regularly in order to extend their longevity. It is also necessary to protect them from damage by ensuring that they are professionally cleaned by oral hygienists at least once in 6 months.
Teeth bonding is a minimally invasive, affordable, and successfully cosmetic dental treatment. If you want a team that cares about your dental health as much as you do, and utilizes the most up-to-date technology to make your experience a positive one, give Golf Links Dental a call at 905-648-9598. We are a family dental practice, in the Meadowlands of Ancaster, that welcomes and treats people of all ages.